Odisha Common PG Entrance Test (CPET) is a state-level entrance test conducted by the Odisha State Higher Education Council (OSHEC) in the higher education department, govt. of Odisha for admission into various pg programmes in different universities and colleges in Odisha.
For more detailed information you can visit www.samsodisha.gov.in
Eligibility criteria for different subjects are different. For M.Sc Physics a candidate must secure at least 45% or 5.0 CGPA in B.Sc from a recognized university/degree college.
Mode of Exam
Offline OMR sheet-based exam
Pattern of Exam
The entrance examination will consist of multiple-choice type questions with 1 mark for a correct answer and zero for a wrong answer (no negative marking). The answers will have to be marked on OMR sheets as per the instructions given in the sheet. Each paper will be of 60 minutes duration with 80 multiple choice questions. The question will consist of the CBCS UG model syllabus 2019. In multi-disciplinary subjects where one dedicated Undergraduate course is not available, the questions will be from the UG curricula relevant to the subject applied for, with the distribution of questions decided by the relative importance of each.
Subject-wise Merit list preparations system
- The CPET-2023 subject-wise state provisional merit rank will be prepared by combining the career marks out of 20 and entrance marks out of 80.
- the total career marks will be calculated out of 20. Candidates who obtained 60% or higher marks in aggregate with Honors/Major/Core will be given 10 Marks, while those who secured between 50% or above and below 60% mark in aggregate with Honors/Major/Core will be given 5 Marks. Applicants secured less than 50% in aggregate shall not avail of any career mark and weightage marks. Their selection will be solely based on their CPET Entrance mark.
- Passed with 60% or higher marks in aggregate with Honors/Major/Core at+3/Equivalent Exam – Secured CPET Mark + (10 + (Secured %/10))
- Passed with 50% or above and below 60% marks in aggregate with Honors/Major/Core Marks at +3/Equivalent Exam – Secured CPET Mark + (5 +(Secured %/10))
- Passed with 6.5 or higher CGPA in aggregate with Honors/Major/Core at +3/Equivalent Exam – Secured CPET Mark + (10 + (Secured CGPA-0.5))
- Passed with 5.5 or above and below 6.5 CGPA in aggregate with Honors/Major/Core at +3/Equivalent Exam – Secured CPET Mark + (5 + (Secured CGPA-0.5))
All the core papers and GE papers which are in the CBCS UG syllabus of honours subject respectively.
Download CPET PG Entrance PQY
You can download all subjects PG entrance by clicking the link given below.
Click Here to downlod CPET 2022,2021,2020 PYQ